Saturday, August 21, 2010

~Piece of Cake~

The other day I received an email from my mom just checking to see that I'm still okay and wondering why I haven't been in touch. Along with that she forwarded a powerpoint slide. The forwarded powerpoint slides that my mom normally sends are interesting; but last night (after a long working week) when I saw yet another slideshow I just felt like, okay not really something I want to go through at the moment. So I just ignored it and went to bed. On waking up this morning I thought, my mom thought I'd enjoy it so mind as well have a look. And now I'm really happy I did go through it because it made a lot of sense to me.
So.... I thought I'd share it with everyone here. I just want to declare that none of this was written by me; it's all from a powerpoint slide show which I thought is worthy to share. On occasion I have paraphrased the words from the slides as the slideshow is largely about God and his mysterious ways... So for those of you not believing in God per se, you can look at it the way I did- not God's doing but just life and karma. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Sometime we ask ourselves: what did I do to deserve this? Why do these things happen to me? Here is a little story to illustrate why. One day a daughter tells her mom how everything is going wrong for her. She's failed an exam; her boyfriend has dumped her for another girl. And her mom, like all moms, knew just how to make her daughter feel better. She gave her a big hug
Raw Ingredients
Mom: Would you like a piece of cake? Daughter: Of course! You know how much I like cake.
Mom: Here drink some of this cooking oil.
Daughter: Eww yuck!
Mom: How about a couple of raw eggs?
Daughter: Are you kidding me?
Mom: How about a little flour?
Daughter: Mom, I'll get sick!
Mom: All of these things uncooked taste horrible. But if you put them together, what do you get? A delicious cake!
Life works in a similar, yet mysterious way. When horrible things are happening to us we don't realize why they are happening or where they will lead us. Most of the time we'll find that we don't need to settle for those raw ingredients of life, but rather, if we are patient we can be assured that something rather delicious is bound to come along.
At the end of this powerpoint it really made me think, how true is that! This is something that I have been talking about with my friends for quite awhile now. Whenever something bad happens to any one of us, we all agree that there is a reason that such a thing happened and something good will eventually come out of it (though at the time you think that nothing good could ever possibly come from that). And a few weeks later or even several months later we thank God, or what ever greater force there is out there, for making things the way they are.
I couldn't find the Walnuts so ended up decorating this Mud Cake with Skittles!
Pictures: Oil http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/how-olive-oil-works.htm/printable Eggs http://www.virginmedia.com/homefamily/fooddrink/food-poisoners.php?ssid=5 Flour http://www.myrecipes.com/recipes/gallery/0,28548,1859001_1798718,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails